Country Club

Local News

Local News.

Blaze that Claims Life of Stafford Six Month Old is Ruled Accidental

by Deirdre Blake posted Apr 3 2014 10:18AM
A massive fire that took the life of a six month old in Stafford is ruled accidental. 
The Fire Chief says it started outside and quickly engulfed the house with 10 minutes, which then completely collapsed. A family member tells the Free Lance-Star the baby's mother tried to climb a burning and crumbling staircase, to scale the porch roof to the second story and busted a window attempting to get to Eleanor Mae Avery. Two of the other children at home with the flu escaped, along with one of their dogs. The other two children got home from school while fire engines were still on the scene. 
The Avery's second dog, who never left the baby's side, also perished in the blaze and they lost everything else inside and their vehicles. A Facebook page-Avery Family Fire Relief- has been set up to collect donations to help the family with costs not covered by insurance.
Filed Under :
04/03/2014 9:43AM
Blaze that Claims Life of Stafford Six Month Old Ruled Accidental
Please Enter Your Comments Below
Title :
Comment :
Keyword

Shared Calendar

 
 
Recent Posts
Archives