NORFOLK, Va. (AP) - A hotel in Norfolk has been evacuated due to high levels of carbon monoxide.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Capt. Mike Hicks tells media outlets that employees of the Tazewell Hotel and Suites reported smelling gas early Monday morning.
Hicks says firefighters found high levels of carbon monoxide in the hotel's basement and lower levels of the gas in an alley behind the building. Carbon monoxide also was detected in the lobby area.
Air is being blown into the hotel to help dissipate the gas.