State

State News

Hotel Evacuated

by AP posted Mar 11 2013 11:37AM
     NORFOLK, Va. (AP) - A hotel in Norfolk has been evacuated due to high levels of carbon monoxide.
 
     Norfolk Fire and Rescue Capt. Mike Hicks tells media outlets that employees of the Tazewell Hotel and Suites reported smelling gas early Monday morning.
 
     Hicks says firefighters found high levels of carbon monoxide in the hotel's basement and lower levels of the gas in an alley behind the building.  Carbon monoxide also was detected in the lobby area.
 
     Air is being blown into the hotel to help dissipate the gas.
 
 
Filed Under :
Location : Virginia
People : Mike Hicks
03/11/2013 11:37AM
Hotel Evacuated
Please Enter Your Comments Below
Title :
Comment :
Medifast Open House
The goat is now the most popular pet!
Tune in Sunday: Ebola Reaction From Residents and Local Medical Expert
Man Buys Flowers for Wife and Then Wins Lottery
Registration on Sale for Next Year's Historic Half this Month
No Tags Found !