Country Club

Local


Manassas Hazmat Incident Closes Road for Three Hours

by Deirdre Blake posted Jun 12 2012 7:35PM
Officials spent more than three hours during the overnight Monday containing a hazmat spill on Balls Ford Road in Manassas.
Fire and rescue units found an 80 pound propane cylinder aboard an RV/motor home that was leaking and could not be stopped.
The incident was upgraded and a hazmat unit was notified. They decided the safest method to stop the leak was through flaring operations. The "burning off" of the propane is a quick and safe way to evacuate tanks and uses of a flare stand or propane torch that stops raw propane from getting into the atmosphere.
Monitoring was conducted to ensure the hazard was no longer present and the road was cleared around 3:30 a.m. 
 
Filed Under :
06/12/2012 7:35PM
Manassas Hazmat Incident Closes Road for Three Hours
Please Enter Your Comments Below
Title :
Comment :
Keyword

Shared Calendar

 
 
Recent Posts
Archives