A decades old prank is appearing in area counties that can be dangerous.
Captain Jeff Pearce with the Spotsylvania County Sheriff's Office says kids like mixing household chemicals in plastic bottles to see the reaction. They don't usually realize the amount of heat produced once items like Draino are mixed with other cleaners. When they are put into plastic and closed, the gases expand. It can make even the slightest movement of the liquid cause an explosion. Pearce says the liquid that comes out can cause serious burns and even mame someone if the bottle is in their hand.
The bottles have been discovered recently in several counties throughout the region. Pearce says if you see one on your property or elsewhere that looks swollen or milky, DO NOT pick it up and call 911.