Country Club

Sports




Race still on unless pulled by Bahrain

by AP posted Apr 12 2012 1:30PM
  
    
SHANGHAI, China (AP) - Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone says the Bahrain Grand Prix will go ahead next week as scheduled - unless national authorities decide to cancel the race.
    
Pressure has been growing for the April 22 race to be canceled for the second straight year because of ongoing clashes between security forces and anti-government protesters. The crackdown has left at least 50 people dead.
    
Ecclestone, however, said Thursday ahead of the Chinese GP that unless the race "gets withdrawn by the national sporting authority in the country, we will be there."
    
Earlier this week, Bahrain's circuit chairman says extremist groups are using "scare-mongering tactics" to make the unrest seem worse than it is to force the cancellation of the race.
Filed Under :
Location : Shanghai
04/12/2012 1:30PM
Race still on unless pulled by Bahrain
Please Enter Your Comments Below
Title :
Comment :
Keyword

Shared Calendar

 
 
Recent Posts
Archives