Country Club

Fire damages Spotsylvania business

A Spotsylvania County business suffered moderate damage in an early morning fire Thursday.

A 911 dispatcher received a call at 3:19 a.m. from an employee of Clean Slate Powerwashing reporting heavy smoke coming from his workplace at 4751 Ewell Drive. Units from the Spotsylvania Volunteer Fire Department, Spotsylvania County Fire Department and Spotsylvania Volunteer Rescue arrived at the scene within seven minutes and saw the smoke coming from the shop, said Deputy Fire Chief Joseph Sposa.

Firefighters had the fire under control by 3:29, Sposa said.

An investigation by the fire marshal’s office revealed that a dryer inside of the business was the source of the fire, he said.

According to an onsite employee, the business was still able to operate as normal. No one was injured and no neighboring businesses were affected, Sposa said.

--Portsia Smith


Shared Calendar