Are you prepared for winter storms? We don’t get many here in Virginia but if there is anything I learned from my few years living in Iowa- it’s to always be prepared when it comes to winter weather. You just never know what could happen!
So here are a few reminders of what to keep in your home when it comes to prepping for winter storms… stay warm!
- Candles, matches, flashlights AND batteries (flashlights without batteries are useless)
- Non-perishable food to last a few days such as caned food, snacks and water
- Battery-powered radios (if you can still find those) and even cell-phone chargers
- First aid kits, blankets, extra clothes to keep warm
- Don’t forget about your pets! – Pet food, litter box, blankets, water
- Snow removal items such as shovels and salt
- If you want to avoid boredom make sure to have things to pass the times especially with kids! Board games, cards, magazines, or my favorite- books.