Here are 5 fun facts that could come in handy on your next trivia night. Also, great test- how many did you already know? Could come in handy if you’re ever on Jeopardy.
- The World’s Largest Desert is Antarctica: While deserts are typically associated with hot, sandy environments, a desert is technically defined by its low precipitation levels. Antarctica is the driest and windiest continent on Earth.
- The Great Wall of China is Not Visible from the Moon: Despite a common myth, astronauts have stated that the Great Wall is not visible to the naked eye from space.
- A Group of Flamingos is Called a “Flamboyance”: The term flamboyance refers to a group of flamingos, and it’s quite fitting given their vibrant pink color.
- The Shortest War in History Lasted 38-45 Minutes: The Anglo-Zanzibar War, fought between the United Kingdom and the Sultanate of Zanzibar on August 27, 1896, holds the record for the shortest war.
- A Day on Venus is Longer Than a Year on Venus: Venus has an extremely slow rotation on its axis, taking about 243 Earth days to complete one rotation. However, its orbit around the Sun only takes about 225 Earth days.